New at Rifflsee
New SunnaAlm Bergrestaurant at the mountain stationThe Bergrestaurant SunnaAlm is located in the excursion destination and ski resort of Rifflsee Pitztal - Tyrol.
- Built at 2300 m above sea level in autumn of 2007, 6-month construction time, opened in December, 2007
- There is room for 120 guests in the restaurant, an additional Zirbenstuebe (pine dining room) for approx. 25 people (for small groups and clubs) as well as 60 seats on the sun terrace.
- First passive energy building used as a commercial restaurant at this elevation in the Alps
- Use of solar and geothermal technology - the majority of the building structure is made of wood and glass
- 7 geothermal wells up to 120 m deep were drilled right next to the mountain station of the Rifflsee lift for the use of geothermal heat
- A daily savings of 200 liters of heating oil has been calculated thereby contributing to climate protection by not using fossil fuels; this results in a savings of approx. 37,000 liters of heating oil per year for the 135 days during the winter season and approx. 100 days during the summer when the restaurant is open.
- The Bergrestaurant SunnaAlm is run by 5 employees and is open during the daily lift operating times.
- As it is located right next to the mountain station of the Rifflsee gondola lift, it is also an especially suitable excursion destination for seniors in the summer with its gorgeous view of the 3000 m high mountains of the Innerpitztal, the 2200 m high Rifflsee and the prominent Taschach Icefall.
- Architectural structure design by the Innsbruck architecture office of Dipl. Ing Reiter
Feedback for the Skiresort.info Team? Please use this form »
Tips for the ski holiday