New at Kitzbühel/Kirchberg – KitzSki
Investment drive throughout the entire ski resortThe quality campaign will continue next winter Since the year 2000, the Bergbahn AG Kitzbühel lift operator has invested 269 million euros into a comprehensive infrastructure programme. One again this year, several million euros will be invested in quality improvements on the mountain. The key focus of this investment programme for the winter of 2017/2018 was the introduction of the new Jufen 8-person chairlift in a brand-new Pininfarina design, taking lift construction into a new dimension of quality and comfort.
Optimisation of slope quality• Improvements on the Resterkogel - Hangl blue connecting slope
• Adaptation of the Hangl - Resterkogel valley blue connecting slope
• Improvement on the end section of red slope 70a to the Resterhöhe mountain station
• Adjustment on red slope 72 near the Funpark
• Widening of the Hangl - Hartkaser connecting slope
• Improvement/adaptation of terrain on slope 68 Gaux
• Widening of the Bärenbadkogel I mountain - Bärenbadkogel II valley connecting slope before the bridge
• Adaptation of Bärenbadkogel Nord (north), slope 65, in the area after the chapel
• Improvement on slope 19 Walde - Ehrenbachgraben at Sonnbühel
• Improvement on the Parallelstreif in the Seidlalm area (doubling of slope width)
• Widening of the Hausbergkante - Ganslern connecting slope before the start of the ski bridge
• Widening of the Familien-Streif (family Streif) in the compression area - Rasmusleiten entrance by removing trees and adapting the terrain
• Widening of the Maierl mountain station - Ochsalm connecting slope with optimisation of the junction area
• Improvement at the start of red slope 27a Brunn in the Pengelstein II mountain station area
• Improvement on slope 27a Brunn on the final section to the base station
Kitzbüheler Horn snow productionNew reservoir with total capacity of 111,000 cubic metres, 12.8 km of water pipe construction and 55 new snow-production machines (30 lances and 25 propellers)
For even greater skiing comfort in winter 2016/2017• Increased snow-making capability as a result of expansion and optimisation of artificial snow-making facilities in the core ski resort. • Supporting snow production on the Kitzbüheler Horn up to the middle station on existing ski runs (+ Hornköpfl reservoir + 9 km of snow-production pipes + 55 state-of-the-art snow-production machines) Did you know that the KitzSki snow depots conserve (old) snow and energy for the following winter and that KitzSki started ski operations on the Resterkogel as early as 22 October in 2016 and on 5 November 2016 on the Walde?
NEW in winter 2015/16• Since the year 2000, the Bergbahn Kitzbühel lift operator has invested over 225 million euros in a quality campaign aimed at improving visitor comfort. • Brunn 8-person chairlift with heated seats and weather-protection covers
• 3 slopes (for all levels of ability - blue / red / black)
• Including artificial snow production and reservoir
• Total investment of 20.5 million euros for even greater skiing comfort
News 2014/15Since the year 2000, the Bergbahn Kitzbühel lift operator has invested over 210 million euros in a quality campaign aimed at improving visitor comfort. Widening of the slope (Diretissima run number 38) in the Schlagl area has been completed and extensive preparations are underway for the construction of a reservoir for future use in Brunn snow production facilities. The Märchenwald telecord lift on the Hahnenkamm has also been replaced by a moving carpet.
Free KitzSki wifiFree internet access is available at around 46 wifi stations throughout the entire ski resort of Kitzbühel.
Comfort improvements in the ski resort-New moving carpet at the Hahnenkamm starting gate for better access to the slopes
-New Resterkogel slope variation with direct connection to the Resterhöhe valley run
-New design for the Fleck entrance near the Ehrenbachhöhe reservoir
Additional slope improvementsSignificant improvements have been made to the slopes on the Familienstreif and the Kaser and there are now 794 snow-production machines in operation.
Visitor infotainment for even greater safetyThroughout the resort, around 100 LCD monitors provide relevant real-time information on safety, current statuses of lifts and slopes, as well as useful tips for the ski area.
New reservoir for even greater snow-reliability on the StreifSeidlalm II reservoir with additional snow-making facility as well as the existing Seidlalm reservoir: Another reservoir with a capacity of approximately 150,000 m3 (compared with around 33,000 m3 for the current one) is being created on the tree-covered hilltop to the north of the existing reservoir. This will reduce the time required to produce snow on the Streif, Ganslernhang and Kampen by around a third.
Completion of the Alter Kasereasy ski slope for Maierl III
New Gaisberg reservoirfor snow-making on the toboggan run
Feedback for the Skiresort.info Team? Please use this form »