New at Kaltenbach – Hochzillertal/Hochfügen (SKi-optimal)
Highlights Winter 2019/2020• NEW Winter 2019/2020! Exquisite apartments on the slopes at the mountain station with an unobstructed view of the Zilllertal mountains
• NEW! Large sun lounge in the mountain view
• at the central mountain station of the cable cars: Mountain View mountain restaurant with panoramic terrace
1,760 m (central station)
• Cable car Wimbachexpress with 10 pers. Gondolas, at the mountain station viewing platform "Albergo" with restaurant and sun lounge at 2,400 m
• Fun Park at the Crystal Hut: NEW Fun
Restaurants• Albergo - "Panorama Experience and Pasta Nut"
• Mountain View - Restaurant for all ages!
• The Kashütte - Kulinariktreff directly at the piste
• Wedelhütte - the highest 5-star hut in the Alps
• Kristallhütte - iconic and trendy since 2005
• Marendalm - our family restaurant directly on the slopes with a spacious sun lounge
• Firnhütte near Neuhütten 6-seater chairlift - the secret tip
Childcare/ski school/ski rental• Zwergerl Club for children from 0 - 6 years in Mountain View at the top station
• Ski school Hochzillertal, ski school Optimal, ski rental Sport Stock in the valley station and in the ski area, ski school Keiler directly in the new Mountain View
Highlights in Winter 2018/2019* 10 gondola lift Wimbachexpress with panoramic restaurant "Al bergo" with viewing platform at 2,340 m
* Mountain restaurant Mountain View with panoramic terrace at 1,760 m (central station) * guest kindergarten for the little ones among us to feel good on the mountain
* Winter hiking trail from the exclusive Wedelhütte to the lookout restaurant "Al bergo" (only accessible by mountain guide)
Highlights in Winter 2017/2018NEW in the Schultz Group: Spieljochbahn in Fügen from winter 2017/2018
- Increasing the number of kilometers of pistes to a total of 107 km by taking over the Spieljochbahn
- Direct ski bus service between Fügen - Uderns - Kaltenbach
- valley station as "service station for athletes"
- Information on video walls, ski ticket machines
- large parking garage directly at the valley station - free parking
- Gift tip - voucher for the VIP gondola - our floating limousine
- Race track at the panoramic lift
New FunLine HochfügenAs of winter 2016/2017, the new FunLine Hochfügen is located beneath the new 6-person Waidoffen chairlift and is a mixture of slope, cross and snowpark. You will ski through steep curves, rollers, bumps and crazy snow lines along the varied course which is suitable for all age and ability groups and is particularly fun for the entire family. The course is also very snow reliable due to its location at over 2000 meters elevation.
Reconstruction of the base station into a "Service station for athletes"As of December 2015: Reconstruction of the base station into a "Service station for athletes" with more information, video walls, ski ticket machines, larger roof and more.
Ski-Friends powered by DynastarIn cooperation with the local freeride experts - the trained ski guides of Ski School TOPprivate - and Dynastar, Hochfügen's partner, the "Ski-Friends" ski twice a day from a meeting point with guests into the freeride terrain on 15 Saturdays starting in January (free of charge). Participation requirements include a valid ski pass and the ability to ski black slopes.
A world first in Hochzillertal: The BMW 7 Series luxury gondola for twoPampered guests can now access the Hochzillertal mountain world while enjoying the "BMW feeling" in the exclusive BMW 7 Series luxury gondola. The gondola has room for two and guarantees riding comfort of the highest level: leather seats, sound system, navigation system and heating - just like in the new BMW 7 Series.
New Obitraudi slopeNew difficult slope to Hochfügen near the mountain station of the Zillertal Shuttle
New 11 km long valley run to Aschau (Hochzillertal)From the Oefelerjoch to Aschau with an 1800 meters descent in one run. A shuttle bus leaves every 15 minutes from the base station in Aschau back to the base station in Kaltenbach.
Reservoir with 75,000 m³ and expanded snow-making facilities (Hochzillertal)70% of the slopes in Hochfügen now have snow-making capabilities
Connection of Kaltenbach/Hochzillertal to HochfügenWith the construction of the Zillertal Shuttle gondola lift, the Kaltenbach/Hochzillertal and the Hochfuegen ski areas have been connected (Thebestconnection!).
New childcare service for small children in the Zwergerlclub (from 0-7 years at the mountain station of the gondola) (Hochzillertal)
Snow production on the valley run to Kaltenbach (Hochzillertal)
Feedback for the Skiresort.info Team? Please use this form »